Among married couples, conflicts arise over clashing preferences.
- She wants beige carpet in the bedroom, but he wants dark brown.
- She wants to send the kids to Christian school, while he prefers public school.
- She prefers saving 15% of their income; in his opinion, they ought to save 5%.
- She wishes to live in the suburbs, but he favors urban living.
- He requests sexual intimacy three times a week; she prefers two times a week.
The list grows and grows as the years roll by and the clashing preferences continue.
What should a couple do?
How can they effectively resolve their conflicts and avoid fracturing their relationship?
During Emerson’s years as both a pastor and counselor, he saw many couples lock horns with one another and fall prey to the woes of clashing preferences, even though they may in fact love and respect each other greatly.
Emerson will share five black and white principles on how to deal successfully with the gray areas of life. You will read and learn from the stories of others who have gone through similar situations. He will share broad insights that can be applied to all couples and even give you an opportunity to rate your own performance in this area!
You and your spouse can learn specific, actionable steps to change your approach when these preference-clashes happen…and you can do it today!
As you watch the video, read the five questions and use the discussion guide to inspire conversation with your spouse or small group, the hope and goal is that you can put this into action and strengthen your marriage right away.
P.S. — Know someone who could use this ebook? Share this page with them. The principles of Love and Respect and the ones described in this ebook can strengthen a relationship no matter its current state.
This is a digital product only.
How To Download
After you purchase this product you will see download links on your “receipt” page. From the receipt page you simply right click and select “save as” to save the file or video to your computer. For mobile or tablet devices this process will vary and you may need applicable apps to facilitate the download to your device. You should also receive an emailed receipt with the links.
If you have a fast internet connection you can download all the files at the same time by selecting “All files” link if that option exists for your product.
Love & Respect LLC Digital Product License, Personal Use Edition
© 2017 Love & Respect LLC. All rights reserved.
This product is for individual use only.
This is a digital product from Love & Respect. It is critical for the health of our work that this license be respected (and dare we say loved).
We invite you to…
- Use this product for your personal use. We hope it blesses you and helps you grow.
- Share it with others in your immediate family living under your roof, similar to how you would share a book.
- Engage others with this material in your home or private conversation. In other words, watch it with friends in your home, although we ask that everyone purchase if you are leading a small group at home or church. Some products allow for multiple purchases of a workbook for example and one person could do this to print or distribute to group members only.
- Make backup copies for yourself in “the cloud” or on your local computer or storage device.
- Use this on all your personal computers and smart devices such as iPhones and iPads.
It is legally restricted that you…
- NOT distribute this privately to others. This is for your own personal use only. Please do not email it to a friend. Instead, let them know where they may purchase the product themselves, or share our free blog and podcast with them. We do our best to share a large number of free resources and teachings.
- NOT distribute this publicly for any reason. This means you cannot upload this material to YouTube, Vimeo, or any other such services for public or private consumption. This is for your personal computing devices only.